One of the things that made me so happy when i became a Renal Diet adherant was the fact that there were many proteins that were on the approved list. Pot Roast is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world to eat! And i love being able to eat pork roasts because they are very simple and easy to make. I can place a pork roast in the crockpot and set it in the morning and know that come dinner time i will have yummy vittles ready to eat! So let’s get into a renal friendly version of a crockpot pork roast! My sunday go to meal!
- 1 Pork Roast Frozen
- 2 Cups of Low Sodium Beef Broth (i like the flavor it adds)
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcesterschire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Lower Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Cups of Diced Carrots
- 2 Cups of Diced Celery
- 2 Cups of Diced Onion
- 1 Cup of diced Baby Red Potatoes (or any other type of root vegetable you like, keep this amount low as they are not good for your Renal diet, but having low amounts of this is not bad.)
- Water (I like filtered)
- 2 Teaspoons of Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
Combine all ingredients in crockpot and fill the rest of the way with water until about four inches from the top.
Place lid on crock pot and set timer for 6 Hours on Low Heat.
Cook Roast on Low Heat for Six Hours and then tear apart roast and veggies at the end.
Serve and enjoy in one cup servings!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and toy around with different varieties. I am planning on alternating the one unhealthy thing in the recipe which is potatoes for something different. Once i know what i will substitute for that root vegetable i will let you know and post it on this blog! I also add french style green beans to mine for a added flavor and taste. It worked out really great so dont be afraid to try things on your own. This is a classic dump pot meal that allows you to set it and forget it!