With canned fruit being a staple of the renal diet I’ve found a great easy way to stick to the renal diet and enjoy an American Favorite! And preparation is so easy.
1. Take 2 pounds of canned peaches and put in bottom of crockpot.
2. Take cinnamon, cloves, sugar, vanilla and any other pie seasonings you love and put a small amount in and mix.
3. Place 2 pounds of cake mix tight on top. Do not mix in.
4. Cut up two sticks if butter and place on top. Use unsalted if on renal diet. Do not mix in.
5. Cook for 3 hours on high lid closed. And let cool down and serve!
Chef Kenny Green grew up in Denver, Colorado to two developmentally disabled parents. He always had a love of cooking sitting in his great aunt’s kitchen watching her make the best soul food. After high school, he enrolled at the Clearfield Job Corps Center in Utah and studied the Culinary Arts program graduating as a certified chef with the American Association of Hotels and Restaurants. He is also a certified baker. Having kidney disease as of last year he is changing his diet to live a more fulfilled life! Welcome to the journey!